Sunday, December 18, 2011

Will a pool last a cold winter without being winterized?

I live in upstate ny and purchased my first home on Oct 26th. It has an above ground kayak pool and I was told the pool was closed. When I got to the house it had its traditional black tarp and I umed the pool was winterized and ready to go for the winter. Today I was walking in my yard and I notice a piece of the filter had fallen off. After investigation it was the ring that holds both sides of the filter together and it had exploded and cracked in the middle which I am pretty sure is because the water that was improperly inside froze and expanded. Also the pipes conected to the pool are frozen too. Is there anything I can do to minimize the damage now that things are frozen or am I too late?

No comments:

Post a Comment